In order to ensure that Rural Enterprises Programme maximizes reach, number of clients, and success rate for adoption and business growth, as well as impact on rural poverty, the Rural Enterprises Programme through the Business Advisory Centers and Rural Technology Facilities provide the following services:
a. Community Based Training in the following:
- Farm-based businesses such as fish farming; bee keeping/honey production; guinea fowl, rabbit, livestock, poultry, snail and grasscutter rearing;
- Agro-processing in cassava; oil palm; groundnut; grains (maize, soybean and rice); fruit; shea nut; fish; cashew; meat etc.
- Agro-industrial businesses such as soap and detergents production; salt iodisation; baking and confectionery; catering etc.
- Traditional craft such as batik tie & dye; kente; leather works; ceramics; smock weaving; beads making, basket weaving etc.
- Pre & post-harvest businesses such as agro-chemicals, tractor services, milling and shelling services etc
b. Business Management Training including entrepreneurship, small business management, credit and financial management, book keeping etc
- Business Counselling and Follow-up services
- Marketing Training and Linkages
- Participation in trade shows and exhibitions
- Functional Literacy Training
- Technical and Traditional Apprentices Training
- Master craft Person Training
- National Vocational Training Institute (NVTI) Certification
- Occupational Safety Health and Environment Training (OSHEM)
- Equipment prototyping and demonstration
- Regulatory Requirement Training and Support including business registration with Registrar General’s Department and product certification with Ghana Standards Authority and Food and Drugs Authority.
- Local Business Associations formations and strengthening