Components & Services
In order to ensure that Rural Enterprises Programme maximizes reach, number of clients, and success rate for adoption and business growth, as well as impact on rural poverty, the Rural Enterprises Programme through the Business Advisory Centers and Rural Technology Facilities provide the following services:
Community Based Training in the following –
- Farm-based businesses such as fish farming; bee keeping/honey production; guinea fowl, rabbit, livestock, poultry, snail and grasscutter rearing;
- Agro-processing in cassava; oil palm; groundnut; grains (maize, soybean and rice); fruit; shea nut; fish; cashew; meat etc.
- Agro-industrial businesses such as soap and detergents production; salt iodisation; baking and confectionery; catering etc.
- Traditional craft such as batik tie & dye; kente; leatherworks; ceramics; smock weaving; beads making, basket weaving etc.
- Pre & post-harvest businesses such as agro-chemicals, tractor services, milling and shelling services etc
Business Management Training including entrepreneurship, small business management,
credit and financial management, book keeping etc
Business Counselling and Follow-up services
Marketing Training and Linkages
Participation in tradeshows and exhibitions
Functional Literacy Training
Technical and Traditional Apprentices Training
Mastercraft Person Training
National Vocational Training Institute (NVTI) Certification
Occupational Safety Health and Environment Training (OSHEM)
Equipment prototyping and demonstration
Regulatory Requirement Training and Support including business registration with
Registrar General’s Department and product certification with Ghana Standards Authority
and Food and Drugs Authority.
Local Business Associations formations and strengthening
Training of Local Business Associations
These services are delivered through four technical components namely:
Component 1: Access to Business Development Services (BDS)
Component 2: Agricultural Commodity Processing Infrastructural Development (ACPID)
Component 3:1 Access to Rural Financial Services (RFS)
Component 3.2: Institutional Development (ID)
Component 4: Programme Coordination and Management (PCM)