1D1F ENABLE Youth Initiative
The Rural Enterprises Programme (REP), under the Ministry of Trade and Industry, is implementing the “Empowering Novel Agri-Business-Led Employment (1D1F ENABLE Youth)” Initiative. The 1D1F ENABLE Youth Initiative seeks to encourage young graduates to establish agro-processing factories, along key value chains in selected districts across the country, in line with the 1D1F policy. Successful Applicants will be supported to form companies and provided with processing centres with interest-free loans. They will also be provided with challenge grant funds. The beneficiaries will be engaged at various entry points along the value chain (plantation development, aggregation, processing, marketing etc.)
- Fifty-eight (58) factories/companies established in the targeted districts
- Fifty-eight (58) youth-led business incorporated under the Companies Act
- At least, 2,900 youth trained in entrepreneurship and targeted value chains
Entrepreneurship Seminars & Final Selection exercises are currently underway as follows:
- 7th & 8th Oct 2019: Ketu North, Atwima Kwanwoma (Group 1&2), Ejisu (Group 1&2), Kintampo (Group 1&2) and East Mamprusi (Group 1&2)
- 9th & 10th Oct 2019: Ketu South, Atwima Kwanwoma (Group 3&4), Ejisu (Group 3&4), Kintampo (Group 3&4) and East Mamprusi (Group 1&2)
- 11th & 12th Oct 2019: Ejisu (Group 5&6)
- 14th & 15th Oct 2019: Adentan (Group 1&2), Twifo Ati Morkwa, Pru and Sissala East
- 16th & 17th Oct 2019: Adentan (Group 3&4)
Schedule for the remaining districts will be published by Monday 14th Oct 2019.
Follow us on Twitter and Facebook for updates on the next steps.